2018 Annual Report
2018 Annual Report
As we enter a new year for 100 Shares Tampa Bay, it is exciting to look back at the growth we have seen in 2018 as God continues to allow us to assist those who meet the needs of our community in the name of Jesus Christ. As a young organization we have prayerfully set goals and have seen results beyond what we imagined.
* January to March 2018: Partners and guests visited each of the finalists for the 2018 grant, averaging 30 women in attendance at each the eight scheduled site visits. The finalists included Created Women, Embracing Legacy, Life Care Network and Shepherd's Village.
* February 2018: Roberta Amley joined the Board of Trustees serving as the Communications Chair.
* April 19, 2018: Our annual Spring Luncheon was held at the Rusty Pelican attended by a record 110 guests. Embracing Legacy received $48,389. This grant is supplying materials and equipment needed to operate programs designed for training a generation of future leaders that will leave a Christ-centered legacy of character, hope, and prosperity for generations to come. Programs include Robotics, Tutoring, SAT/ACT Prep, Junior Achievement, Summer Enrichment, Creative Art, Marching Band and Youth Choir. These programs benefit students in music, vocabulary, grammar, mathematics, engineering and technical skills.
* September 2018: Eleven local organizations submitted applications for the 2019 grant and were reviewed by the Board of Trustees with diligence and prayer.
* October 25, 2018: Our annual Fall Coffee was held at the Centre Club attended by 73 partners and guests. The four selected finalists for the 2019 grant were announced and each explained how the grant funds would impact their ministries: Family God's Way, Florida 1.27, Florida Dream Center and Shepherd's Village. The site visit schedule for January to March 2019 was announced.
* December 2018: Tricia Collins, Beth Reed and Paula Wright joined the Board bringing the number of Trustees to 14. 100 Shares Tampa Bay partnership grew to 88 partners!
* Five home events were held in partners' homes throughout the year to introduce women to 100 Shares Tampa Bay.
*Unexpected Blessings: We received $2,250 from memorials and $11,800 from other generous givers.
One of the most encouraging outcomes of 100STB are the stories of women's generosity that goes beyond the money they pledge each year. By introducing women to the needs of organizations through the site visits and our two annual events, they are responding by giving of their time, talents and treasures as well. My favorite story is of a partner who met a single mother at a site visit who was studying for the State of FL nursing exam. As our partner used to write the exam questions, she now volunteers her time and experience tutoring this young woman and others as well, an unexpected outcome of the generosity fostered in God's love.
As we enter 2019, we are excited to see God move in the hearts of women as we reach our goal of having 100 partners by the Annual Spring Luncheon on April 11, 2019. We are praying for 12 more partners to join us. This goal will allow us to bless two of our finalists with grants to propel them to the next level of ministry. We are grateful for the ministries we serve, for each partner and her commitment to help in our community through pledges, prayer and service, for others who have donated to our fund out of generous hearts, and for a Heavenly Father whose grace and love abounds in the hearts of His people.
JoAnn Ravenna, Chair
"Generosity is impossible apart from our love of God and of His people. But with such love, generosity not only is possible but inevitable." John MacArthur
The 2018 Annual Luncheon was held at the Rusty Pelican on April 19, 2018. Partners and guests are
pictured here with Eve Hemby of Embracing Legacy, the winner of the 2018 grant.