100 Shares Tampa Bay (100STB) was formed in 2014 to support the work of Christian non-profit ministries in the Tampa Bay (Pinellas and/or Hillsborough) area. Grants are awarded to select Christian ministries that will use the grant funds to serve Pinellas/Hillsborough counties in ways that expands an existing program or establishes a new initiative. Our heart is to provide local ministries with the resources they need to move to the next level of ministry; this is an extremely important part of the mission of 100STB and a calling that we believe in. The partnership of 100STB considers it a great privilege to be involved in this wonderful kingdom-building endeavor and to work with amazing ministries in our community.
In our 6 years, 100STB has awarded 9 ministry grants, for a total of $403,318.80. In 2019, our partnership went well above 100 and we continue to be blessed with a growing number of women who wish to impact the Tampa Bay area by supporting the good work of local ministries. In 2020, we were able to expand our grant making capacity and award larger grants up to $100,000, which was tremendously exciting to our Board of Trustees as well as our faithful partners.
If your ministry meets the Grant Criteria below, we invite you to submit a Grant Application for any amount between $25,000 and $100,000. God has been so faithful and gracious in providing grant funds for some incredible local ministries and we look forward to all that He has planned in this next grant cycle.
Please pay close attention to the grant criteria and requirements. Every year we are in the unfortunate position of turning away wonderful ministries due to incomplete grant applications. Please do not let your ministry application be one we have to decline because of a small oversight on the details.
All of us at 100STB will be praying that God will guide you in this process and we look forward to all He plans to do in furthering His Kingdom through 100 Shares Tampa Bay!
In His Service,
100 Shares Tampa Bay, Grants Chair
PLEASE NOTE: The new grant cycle opens June 1, 2020. Please click the links above to download the required application and spreadsheet after that date.
IMPORTANT: THE GRANT APPLICATION AND DETAILED BUDGET SPREADSHEET MUST BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER AND SAVED ONTO YOUR DESKTOP BEFORE ANY INFORMATION IS ADDED. YOU WILL SEND US YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION FROM THE VERSION ON YOUR DESKTOP. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WORK DIRECTLY FROM THE PDF ON THE WEBSITE OR ALL YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE DELETED.
- Applicant must share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Applicant must be a Christian non-profit ministry.
- Applicant may not be a church.
- Applicant must have a 501(c)3 Tax Exempt Status for two (2) years prior to the date of application.
- Grant request amount must not exceed half of the applicant's current operating budget.
- Grant request must not include on-going operating expenses, rent or endowment.
- Grant request for advertising, marketing, consultant fees and salaries in total may not exceed 20% of the grant request amount.
- Grant award may not be used for new construction.
- Grant award may not be used to underwrite fundraising events.
- Applicant will use grant fund to serve Pinellas and/or Hillsborough counties.
- Applicant must download and use the Detailed Grant Budget template and submit as part of the completed Grant Application. No other Detailed Grant Budget formats will be accepted.
- 1 hard copy of the Grant Application, Detailed Grant Budget, all required attachments (except photos and logo), and a thumb drive with all required items must be mailed to the address listed on the Grant Application and postmarked by midnight of the grant application deadline. No exceptions will be made for late submissions.
- If your ministry has NOT received a grant from 100 Shares Tampa Bay, you will be able to apply again every year. However, if your non-profit DID receive a grant, you can re-apply for another grant after waiting two years. For example, if your ministry was awarded a grant in 2019, you can re-apply to receive another grant in 2022.
IN ORDER FOR YOUR GRANT APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED, ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED. ADDITIONALLY, THE APPLICATION MUST BE SIGNED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AS WELL AS THE BOARD CHAIR.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
REVISIONS OF ANY KIND MAY NOT BE MADE ONCE A GRANT APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
GRANT SELECTION PROCESS AND AWARD
- Four finalists will be chosen from the grant applications received.
- The finalists will be invited to share their ministries and how their grant request will benefit their organization at the Fall Partner event in October 2020.
- Site visits for the four finalists will be conducted January thru March 2021 with two visits at each ministry. Site visits must be able to accommodate at least 50 partners per visit.
- At least one board member must be present during each site visit.
- Grant award will be presented at the Partner Event in April 2021.
- Grant recipient(s) are required to send progress reports (template will be provided) to the Grants Chair in September 2021 and March 2022. Reports should include a statement of expenditures for grant funds spent to date. Final report is sent when funds are spent according to grant application timeline.
- Grant recipient(s) must be present at the Partner Event in April when receiving the grant and the following award year to present a report regarding the benefits of the grant awarded.
ALL GRANT QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO OUR GRANTS CHAIR, TRICIA COLLINS, AT GRANTS100STB@GMAIL.COM IN ADVANCE OF THE GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE.
2020-2021 GRANT SELECTION CALENDAR OF EVENTS